Pitch iview 2020
This years theme is: Infinite Worlds
SHORTLISTED PITCHES ANNOUNCED
Digital storytelling has never been as accessible as it is today.
Web series provide endless possibilities in both format and medium and therefore one can create a story world where the impossible becomes possible.
this year pitch iview will take place via our online platform .
11AM – 1PM AEST | Sunday 6 September
Note: Only valid to Screening and Festival Pass Holders
Submissions closed 11:59pm AEST Tuesday 25 August.
Pitch iview is a fast-paced, interactive competition in which 20 entrants will have just two minutes to pitch an idea for an original web series based on this year’s theme, to a panel of judges and our audience. The pitching competition will take place on our online festival platform, Hopin.
The theme “Infinite Worlds” provokes the idea that there are no limits to what one can be or achieve. Web series provide endless possibilities in both format and medium and therefore one can create a story world where the impossible becomes possible.
The winning pitch will receive direct mentorship from writer/director Ryan Griffen (Cleverman) and writer/producer Jane Allen (The Secret Daughter, Janet King), supported by the Princess Pictures team.
Over a four-week period, the mentorship will support the winner to develop their pitch and prepare their project guided by Ryan and Jane, with a focus on diverse and inclusive storytelling.
Sessions with mentors will be held remotely and will include creative assistance, advice on project pathways and financing opportunities, mentoring sessions and pitch practice. The mentee(s) will then have the opportunity to present their developed pitch to ABC iview.
- Brett Sleigh (Executive Producer ABC TV Fiction)
- Dr Cath Moore (Screen Writer and Academic)
- Pennie Brown (Producer, Princess Pictures)
- Amruta Nargundkar & Vidya Rajan “Ruby Rai, PI”
- Andrew Lee (undi) “Night Bloomers”
- Bethany Whitmore “Platform 4 To Mars”
- Bronwyn Lewis “She’s Made It”
- Cassandra-Elli Yiannacou “The Fae”
- Cem Bilici “ARSE End of the World”
- Dylan Murphy & Tom Jones “Incoming”
- Linda Chen “Margot Tells it All”
- Anneliese Farrer “Westall 66”
- Fiontan Cassidy “Punting”
- Haris Mirza “The Boy Who Was Afraid of Everything”
- Jayden Masciulli “Stone Survives”
- Laura Jane Turner “I Am Not Straight”
- Jesse Bouma & Brayden Lewtas “COUCHSURFER”
- Natalia Bornay & Emily Davis “Lady Priest”
- Oscar Axel Thorborg “Apartment 218”
- Nina Oyama & Clare Cavanagh “Midlife Christmas”
- Rosie Pavlovic and Colin Dunn “DEGUSTATION”
- Sebastian Chan “The Family”
- Takashi Hara “MUGEN 夢幻 ”
Terms and conditions
Submissions are open to all Australian residents.
Submitters must be 18 years of age or older.
- Submissions close 11:59pm AEST Tuesday 25 August.
Submissions MUST be the intellectual property of the submitter(s) and/or their team. No proxy submissions are accepted.
By submitting to Melbourne WebFest, submitters automatically grant Melbourne WebFest a non-exclusive license to use their material for PR and Marketing of the festival.
Multiple entries are welcome, however, only one pitch per person can be shortlisted.
- All pitch entries must fit within fictional genres.
It’s free to submit pitches, but those shortlisted to pitch must be available to attend Melbourne WebFest online during the festival to deliver their pitch, otherwise forfeit their place in the competition. Those pitching must also hold a valid ticket for entry to the online festival.
The winner of the Pitch iview competition will receive a writing and development mentorship with Princess Pictures.
Only shortlisted entries will be notified.
- Shortlisted entrants will need a computer, smart TV, smart phone or tablet with a stable internet connection. Please ensure you have a webcam and use headphones/earphones to minimise potential audio feedback.
Decisions by the judging panel are final.
- Melbourne WebFest, Princess Pictures and ABC iview reserve the right to amend the criteria.
You will be notified via email September 1st if you are a finalist for our pitching competition.
Good luck and we hope to see you at the festival!